Lago Excavating takes a certain pride and personal involvement in the work we perform, resulting in superior quality and service for all clients. Our staff is highly trained and enthusiastic to get the job done right. Our exceptional customer service and extensive knowledge base lends itself to loyal return customers and grassroots referrals.
Our professional equipment operators, drivers, and mechanics maintain up-to-date certifications and stay abreast of the latest technologies and equipment, making their job more efficient and their time increasingly productive. We uphold the highest standards of safety for the activities and processes of employees to reduce or eliminate the chance of injury or damage to property.
Our business model relies on 100% customer satisfaction, because our business grows based on word of mouth and customer referrals. That means that we always get the job done right the first time and do our very best to remain communicative, transparent, and on budget.
About the Owner: Paul Langenfeld
Paul Langenfeld is a 4th generation contractor. He has been doing this type of work since he was a young boy with his grandfather and father. Learning the work ethic at an early age, started his own business in Terre Haute in 1983. He continues to operate the business based on the values passed down to him. Hard work, honest communication and fair prices continue to drive Lago Excavating and the Lago Companies forward still today.
Why Lago Excavating?
Lago Excavating Certifications
- Member IUOE 841 Operating Engineers
- NCCO Certified Crane Operator
- OSHA 40 Hour Certified
- HAZ MAT Certified
- CDL Class A
- Trained in Asbestos Inspection
- Hulman Regional International Airport Runway Expansion
- Demolition of Former Sarah Scott Middle School
- Demolition of Riley Elementary School
- Demolition of Lakeside Nursing Hom
- Site Work for Ryans Steak House
- Demolition and Site work for Sam’s Club Renovation and Expansion
- Demolition and Site for Work Tumbleweed Restaurant (now Hacienda Real)
- Demolition and Site work for Osco Drug at 25th & Wabash (now CVS)
- Demolition of Garfield High School Gym (now Garfield Towers)
- Demolition of Interior K-Mart South and site work for Electric Avenue & More, Office Max and Old Navy
- Demolition of Interior Electric Avenue & More and Site Work for Books-A-Million
- Demolition and Site Work for Pizza Hut at 13th & Wabash
- Emergency demolition of Taylor Automotive 4th & Wabash (4 story brick building downtown)
- Demolition of Warehouse of former International Paper
- Demolition of Pepsi Bottling Company and Kivitz Canning Company for ISU Credit Union,
- Demolition of many interior stores at Honey Creek Mall, Meadows Center and other malls